Monday, February 8, 2016

♕ Have a nice day.

There may be spoilers for Go! Princess Precure in this post!

So February has come, and we're forced to say goodbye to last year's incredibly lovely Pretty Cure season, "Go! Princess Precure!", and I'm very unwilling to let go.
; n ;  I don't want it to beeee
I had posted about it briefly last year, but I had underestimated just how much I would be impacted by it. It feels a bit embarrassing to say something like this about a show aimed at children, but it was definitely the show that inspired me the most last year and has constantly been a source of support for me. GoPri has found a very special place in my heart. Not just because of how cute it is, with the princess theme, the frilly dresses, and the lovely music; though it is definitely great in those aspects. No, GoPri went above and beyond that to me, especially in a time where I faced lots of changes and was forced to make many important decisions.

The ability to chase my dreams, to not be embarrassed of whatever they may be, to accept and grow from my mistakes, and to accept change as a part of life.
It's okay Towa, I couldn't keep that promise either.
I really recommend anyone who really enjoys magical girl anime, or simple and heartwarming stories, to watch Go! Princess Precure. Although it's very simple due to it's target audience, it's messages are not shallow because of it. Even if you're an adult who has learned all of these things already, I really think it can be appreciated just as well. We all need to be reminded of what we're capable of, and we all need to be assured that we are not the sum of our failures, but rather how they make us grow. GoPri really assured me of my own strength, and that I should embrace what makes me, well, me, and I hope that it can do that for you as well. 

I truly enjoyed the ending. It was bittersweet, and it feels open ended, but it's how life is. Dreams don't end, even when you've reached a goal there will always be another, and that's fine. You don't just "become a princess", you don't just "achieve happiness", those are things that must be continuously worked on. And as long as there are dreams, there will be despair, things or people that will try to stop you, and that's fine too!






I'm really sad that the time has come to write this post, because it means that I won't be able to see Haruka and her friends do their best each week anymore. I won't be reminded of or taught any new lessons, I won't be able to learn from their mistakes either. Still, it's not a sad parting, it's just a new beginning, right? Now our role is to continue on in their stead and continue protecting our own dreams! We have a new Precure season to look forward to, and I can always rewatch the series if I ever miss it too much, so I'll survive. 

Well, I've got to do my best to achieve my own dreams from now on too! Let's continue to do our best this year as well. Like a true lady, I'll say goodbye with ごきげんよう!
Until next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment